What To Do About Toxicity “In modern day American society, we are under constant barrage of toxins that we have no idea exist… From the can of tuna containing mercury in the meat, to the toxicity of the tuna can itself. From the cement factory in town that blows chemicals across the city, to the lipstick that we put on, eye makeup, deodorants and perfumes, not to mention all of the food additives, artificial sweeteners, antibiotic injections into our meats, as well as hundreds of other toxic sources. Toxicity is everywhere!” -Overloaded Liver “Toxins” have become a buzzword these days, but they don’t deserve to be dismissed. Considered to be harmful agents found in the environment, toxins are everywhere: the air, your food, medication, and even the water supply. These pernicious compounds can cause irritation, inflammation, and also destroy your body tissues after too much exposure. Normally, your body removes these toxins from your system without you needing to get involved. However, the overwhelming onslaught of toxins in the environment today can compromise its capacity to process them, leaving your system susceptible. Even if you feel like you live a clean life, the number of toxins you are regularly exposed to is alarming. From pollutants in your drinking water to the pesticides in your lawn, there are over 84,000 chemicals legally for sale in the US – and many of them aren’t well tested. When your toxin load builds up to unsafe levels, you start to feel sick. Some medical experts even believe that toxic chemical exposure is the root of many illnesses and fertility issues today.” So what can we do about it? It’s clear, if we aren’t doing anything, we are allowing the problem to exist and multiply. In order to stave off toxicity, we must be proactive. Implement these five tips today to take control of your health and detox: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Monitor your intake (food, water, overall nutrition): drink filtered water, eat nutrient-dense foods, get started with Skinny Up!® As it will not only aide in detoxifying all of your organs and your brain, it will also support in resetting your gut, which affects how our bodies process toxicity, and whether or not we release it normally or store it away in our fat cells. Be strict about how you spend your time as your intake also includes TV and social circles.
- Dry brush: dry brushing allow for healthy lymphatic system circulation. “Because your skin helps to detoxify the body, it’s important to keep it healthy so that it can do its job. However, if your skin has too many toxins or dead skin cells, it may not be able to eliminate waste from your body as efficiently as needed. Dry brushing your skin can help your lymphatic system, which has the job of removing toxins from the body and ultimately helps prevent you from getting sick.”
- Detox baths: “To help your liver and other systems remove this toxin load, it’s a good idea to try taking a detox bath on a regular basis.” We have many options when it comes to detox baths - Try one of these out!
- Sweat it out: sweating pumps the toxins out of our bodies, and it’s said that you should induce a heavy sweat at least three times a week. This can look like time spent in an infrared sauna, moving your body (which also has wonderful cardiovascular benefits) and/or taking advantage of the detox baths listed at number three.
- Pay attention to your products: What are you putting on your body? What products are you using to clean your house? What toxins are making their way into your everyday life?