You’re sick and tired of being sick and tired. You’re ready to make a change, lose weight, and find wholeness again. You’re saying “no” to feeling foggy and unhappy; you’re saying “yes” to clarity and joy. You’re starting your candida cleanse.
We applaud you.
But how do you begin? What is this journey going to look like? What should you expect? Before we begin the step-by-step rundown of how to begin your candida cleanse, it’s vital to revisit the basics:
What is Candida?
Candida is a fungus (or yeast, as it’s most commonly known) that grows in the human body in the form of many different strands. It becomes overgrown when fed by sugar, poor nutrition, antibiotics, and a sedentary lifestyle. When overgrown, Candida can manifest as an infection that proves to be highly problematic and dangerous for men and women alike.
Candida thrives on sugar and processed carbohydrates. As it grows, it begins to demand more and more sugar, convincing you that you need another sugar fix. It tells you that the way you’re feeling right now—exhausted, foggy, unhappy in your skin—will only be fixed through consuming more sugar. And the cycle continues.
Candida can be stopped. Candida needs to be cleansed.
What are the Symptoms of Candida overgrowth?
You likely are experiencing Candida overgrowth if you encounter one or more of the following symptoms:
- Headaches and migraines
- Skin issues, including Eczema and Psoriasis
- Chronic fatigue or frequent exhaustion
- Digestive issues such as bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, or constipation
- Concentration problems, memory concerns or brain fog
- Joint pain
- Weight loss difficulty or unwanted weight gain
- A constant need for sugary foods (aka sugar cravings)
What is a Candida Cleanse?
A Candida cleanse is a holistic treatment option for people with an imbalanced gut flora. There are 40 trillion strands of bacteria present in the human body, most of which are located in the digestive tract or intestines. This system of bacteria is referred to as the “gut microbiota.” There are many methods/diets intended to improve your gut microbiota, but a surefire way to kickstart its healing and restoration is a cleanse.
A Candida cleanse diet cuts out certain food groups in order to starve the bad bacteria or yeast overgrowth (sometimes called “yeast syndrome”) in your gut. Specific parameters of the cleanse are as follows:
- Eliminate sugar, white flour, yeast, and cheese (these foods encourage the growth of yeast and fungus in the gut)
- Increase lean proteins, non-starchy vegetables, and healthy fats (more on this later)
- Increase hydration (water) and antioxidant intake (such as green tea)
- Increase intake of fermented foods like sauerkraut or kombucha
Additional Notes on the Candida Cleanse
Increasing healthy gut bacteria and making intentional choices about the kind and quality of nutrients we nourish our bodies with has a plethora of benefits. However, below are a few things to be aware of before starting the cleanse:
- Prepare to be intentional about reaching out to an accountability partner (a friend, family member, significant other, or the Skinny Up!® team!).
- You may feel worse before you feel better (some people report symptoms like nausea, headaches, and fatigue as their body adjusts to this new normal). It is possible to lower or even bypass these symptoms with proper support.
- Always consult your doctor before beginning a new health regimen.
- Consider supplementing a high-quality prebiotic and probiotic as part of your daily rhythm as you begin the Candida cleanse. Your body will need all the help it can get as it detoxifies and regulates your gut flora.
How to Start:
Build Your Grocery List
What you fuel your body with while embarking on the Candida cleanse will make or break your success with this “reset” treatment. Check out our list for foods you can eat while on a Candida diet as you build your grocery list this week:
- Pasture-raised poultry, including chicken
- Grass-fed beef
- Wild fish
- Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts)
- Leafy greens (kale, dandelion, lettuces)
- Non-starchy vegetables (asparagus, zucchini, onions, shallots)
- Spices (turmeric, cumin)
- Some kinds of fruit, including tomatoes and berries like strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries (limited)
- Lemon (citrus)
- Nuts, including walnuts, almonds, and Macadamia nuts
- Seeds (chia seeds, flaxseed, hemp seeds)
- Herbs (cilantro, basil, oregano)
- Coconut oil & olive oil
- Bone broth
- Green tea
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dark chocolate
Foods to Avoid
Here’s a simple, straightforward list of foods to avoid on the Candida cleanse:
- Yeast products
- High-sugar fruits: Bananas, dates, raisins, grapes, and mangoes, etc.
- Gluten and grains
- Starchy foods
- Meats that are processed or high in fat
- Refined oils and fats: Canola oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, or margarine
- Sugar filled condiments: Ketchup, BBQ sauce, or sugary dressings
- Dairy products
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners: Aspartame, agave, cane sugar, corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, molasses, and table sugar
- Caffeine, alcohol, and sugary beverages
- Additives: Nitrates or sulfates
Utilize Skinny Up!® Yeast Redux
Go even further for your Candida cleanse by using Candida-fighting supplements. Our line of restorative, holistic supplements aid your gut in the restoration of a healthy gut flora. Skinny Up!® Yeast Redux helps your body by:
- Stopping the sugar cravings in their tracks. The first step of our Candida cleanse is to help the body block further growth of bad bacteria. Our all-natural ingredients are doctor-approved and utilized in order to perfectly boost the outcome when paired with Skinny Up!® Reduce.
- Building up good bacteria in the gut. In order to restore the balance, our Candida yeast treatment includes ingredients such as fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) and Burdock Root with the purpose of creating a supportive environment for good bacteria to thrive in. Your body will be equipped with the tools needed to begin recovering for long-term health.
- Healing gut damages. Yeast overgrowth can be very damaging to your stomach and intestines, requiring FDA-certified lab ingredients such as red clover to promote and restore healthy gut functions.
Skinny Up!® is committed to making the journey toward mental clarity, intestinal health, weight loss, and satisfaction with yourself as easy as possible. We are proud of our Candida cleanse supplement line, and the success we’ve seen countless valued customers experience.
It’s time to say, “Enough is enough!” A Candida cleanse may be just what your body and mind need to get you back on track. Reach out today and let our team offer support as you begin your transformation.
You’re worth it!