Sugar got you down?
If you’re trying to lose weight, but not taking care of your gut health, your journey may be a losing battle. Within the last decade of research, we’ve come to a greater understanding of the trillions of microbes that live in the human gut and how they directly impact overall wellbeing as well as weight loss.
Not surprisingly, the modern American diet (processed foods, refined carbohydrates and sugars, and plenty of additives) isn’t conducive to a healthy gut biome. One of the main culprits in our inability to lose weight effectively is Candida, a fungus or yeast, which causes an imbalance of bad digestive bacteria.
Candida overgrowth is directly linked to weight gain.
The Problem with Candida
Candida (yeast) feeds on sugar. As sugar intake grows, so does Candida. As Candida grows, it demands more sugar. This cycle creates sugar and refined carb cravings, making it difficult for the body to maintain a healthy weight.
Lest you think you’re unaffected by this sugar-Candida relationship, let’s look at the stats: Americans, on average, consume nearly 57 pounds of added sugar per person, per year. The daily recommendation from the American Heart Association is 6 teaspoons of added sugar for women and 9 teaspoons for men, but the total continues to climb past 17 teaspoons daily.
Now, let’s say you choose to cut all sugar cold turkey, but begin to experience uncontrollable sugar cravings early in your weight loss journey. This is a quick path to relapse and a weight loss plateau. Eliminating sugar without a plan in place to remove existing yeast overgrowth (via an antifungal/detoxification treatment) in your gut and replace it with good bacteria may lead to frustration and failure.
P.S. If a healthy weight isn’t the motivation you need, maybe this will give some perspective: diets high in sugar increase risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, anxiety, and depression.
Candida and Weight Gain
How exactly does Candida correlate to weight gain?
- Bacterial imbalance can slow down your metabolism.
- Candida can disrupt your body’s normal detoxification process.
- Yeast overgrowth interferes with your appetite and ability to stick to a healthy eating plan.
- Toxins released by Candida impact energy levels and can cause brain fog, fatigue and depression, which negatively impact weight and lifestyle.
Symptoms of Candida Overgrowth
As a refresher, you may be experiencing Candida overgrowth if one or more of the following sounds all too familiar:
- Headaches and migraines
- Skin issues, including Eczema and Psoriasis (dermal candidiasis)
- Chronic fatigue or frequent exhaustion
- Digestive issues such as bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, or constipation
- Concentration problems, memory concerns or brain fog
- Joint pain
- Weight loss difficulty or unwanted weight gain
- A constant need for sugary foods (aka sugar cravings)
Candida and Calories
All you have to do is consume less calories than you’re burning to lose weight, right? Not so fast. Diet fads like Weight Watchers and intermittent fasting do well to teach participants to control the amount of food they’re intaking, but say little to nothing about the kind of food that’s being consumed.
The problem with counting calories is this: one could easily reduce the amount of calories eaten in a day, but only eat foods that feed and increase yeast growth in the gut, leading to digestive complications, excessive gas, irritable stomach (sometimes manifesting as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, a serious condition), rashes, and unhealthy sugar consumption.
Counting calories is a great place to start, but doesn’t guarantee a decrease in Candida, which impacts long term weight loss and health. The only way to guarantee healthy gut flora and the elimination of Candida overgrowth is a Candida diet or cleanse.
Candida Cleanse for Weight Loss
Cleansing yeast from the body is a surefire way to curb sugar cravings, and increase your gut’s ability to process and metabolize the nutrients it needs to lose weight and thrive. The cycle of Candida overgrowth and the consumption of sugar and processed carbohydrates is all but suffocating your weight loss progress before it has a chance to begin.
A Candida cleanse is a natural method of restoring health to your gut biome, treating the underlying cause of weight gain, and relieving your liver from the detoxification process. While the cleanse itself is fairly simple, you may find yourself running into difficulty as you eliminate certain foods from your diet. This will take dedication and support!
The basics of a Candida cleanse for weight loss:
- Eliminate sugar, processed flour, yeast, cheese, and other inflammatory foods (these foods encourage the growth of yeast and fungus in the gut)
- Increase lean proteins, non-starchy vegetables, and healthy fats
- Increase hydration (water) and antioxidant intake (such as green tea)
- Increase intake of fermented foods like sauerkraut or kombucha
Additionally, it is important to your journey that you include supplements which will encourage the creation of a healthy gut flora and discourage cravings caused by Candida.
Skinny Up! ® is proud to offer our customers proven, all-natural weight loss products that aid the body in killing Candida overgrowth, shedding unwanted pounds, and sustaining a healthy biome for a flourishing gut.
- Reduce: Shed weight and detoxify by influencing your brain with B-vitamin supplementation, pure amino acid absorption, and influential nutritional support. Help your brain and body work together to process and get rid of fat.
- Redux: Kill Candida overgrowth in your system to eliminate sugar cravings. Introduce prebiotics into your digestive system to prime your body for a new level of health and balance.
- Maintain: Get ready for the transition back to a normal diet with a safe appetite suppressant to keep sugar cravings under control while delivering nutrients to your brain. Empower your brain to recognize a new, healthier weight, blocking hunger and stabilizing metabolism to keep the weight off.
Skinny Up!® is the all-natural & hormone-free solution for weight loss, weight loss maintenance, and detoxification.
In using the Original Skinny Up!® Product Line, you will find:
- Efficient & Simple Weight Loss
- Increased Mental Clarity
- Support for the Liver, Gallbladder, & Kidneys
- Improved Function of the Adrenals & Thyroid
- Decreased Sugar Cravings
- No Jitters, Hunger, or Appetite Suppression
Let’s get started on your weight loss plan together!